Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Vote

I wasn't even going to try to vote yesterday, for the last couple weeks I had decided in my mind that it wasn't worth the struggle of trying to hassle both kids and vote. Something changed my mind at the last minute yesterday and I felt like it was important enough to deal with the hassle of it. Thanks always to aunt Michelle who continues to help me do little things that I think may be hard to do. She sat in the car while I ran in to vote. No lines at all! Later last night when my mom came over Melia told her that "Mommy voted today." I think that is one very small reason why it was important for me to vote, so she could see that it was important. No matter the outcome, I pray that our new leader will guide us in a good direction.

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

You are such a good example to everyone around you, and that is so sweet that Melia recognized it!! You are one amazing person Lauren. I am so glad we are still friends!

Dustin & Carrie Jenkins said...

That is so important to teach your kids and what better way then to show them that you aren't afraid to put you print out there!! Way to good! Your such a good MOMMY!!