Saturday, October 2, 2010

She's Crafty

I would not say that I am a very "crafty" person so I had to post this little craft I did because I'm proud that it actually turned out cute! I had these drawer fronts from Melia's old changing table for years now and I finally put them to use. I decided to go to Hobby Lobby and get some super cute handles that look antique. Some were crystal others painted pocka-dot etc. They were all different and I painted one of the original handles pink. All I had to do was drill holes for them, screw in the handles, saw off the backs and put in a wall mount on back! I got it done in one afternoon! Melia was excited to get somewhere to hang her dress-ups and such! It was a fun little project. Now my mind is in this mode and I find myself wanting to do some cute fall decorations for cheap, so if you have any suggestions let me know! I've been searching on this awesome blog for ideas : thriftydecorchic.blogspot.com and I'm in love with all the things she can do with hardly any money!


7 comments:

Julie said...

Cute, cute! Look at you! I will have you scrapbooking with me in no time! Try eighteen25 for tons of cute Halloween ideas!

Alisa and Crowells said...

What an adorable idea! Eighteen25 is fun...but beware, it's addicting. :)

VanOrden Family said...

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for! So when is our craft day? hehe

Dustin & Carrie Jenkins said...

Those turned out so cute~! You are crafty!! ;) I love doing projects.. Let's all have a craft day sometime! I would love that!!

Brady & Ashley said...

Ooo...I do love eighteen25! Their recent link party has my head spinning! All Things Thrifty and House of Smiths are really cute too! If you go on my blog and look under Eye Candy, you'll find links to all sorts of cute & crafty sights! Happy Crafting! :0)

Christy Smith said...

Super cute! Megan totally needs something like this for all her purses and necklaces. :) Sounds like you guys had a great summer -- hope you're still doing great!

Kim said...

So cute Lauren!