Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sugar Bowl!!!


All I can say is WOW!!! what a trip. This will go down as probably the best sporting event I will ever attend. It was amazing from start to finish. I got there new years eve and headed out to the infamous bourbon street. I was decked out from head to toe in ute garb, and the Alabama fans let me have it from the start. I cant tell you how many times I have heard "roll tide''. Most of them would ask me if I really thought we had a chance, or if I understood that they play in the sec which is far superior. I tried to tell them that it was a going to be a game but know one believed me. My prediction was 30-17 no really it was and it was documented my neighbors runs a family blog like this one and they are all huge cougar fans so we predicted the scores to all the MWC bowl games and this was mine for the utes

"You give Whitt & the team 6 weeks to prepare and watch film, we will hold are own. Alabama will come in thinking we are not worthy & the utes will go up 17-0, & Alabama will spend the rest of the game trying toget back in it. Utah 30-AL17"

Most of there fans did give us props after the game conceding we were a power and could compete with any team.

My seats were incredible I got them through Kjzz and they were front row on the 5 yard line right behind the Utah band. It was just incredible Jamal anderson & Steve Smith came over and got the crowd rowdy up. After the game was over the players came over to our section to sing the fight song. Paul Kruger gave me his Sugar bowl hat & I got some other player Garb that they threw into the crowd. We walked back to the city after the game with all the other 20k Ute fans, It was a sight to see! Click here to see my online Pictures of the trip

No comments: